Our Company :Overview Of BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Team Description (Overview of the team)
The Luxembourg Legal team supports the activities of the Luxembourg branch of the European bank of the BNY Mellon group which is incorporated in Belgium and operates other branches in Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Dublin, London, Milan and Paris.
The core business of the European bank is Asset Servicing (custody, depositary, fund administration) but it is currently further developing Markets product offering (collateral management, securities lending, FX and liquidity services) as well as treasury services in response to Brexit.
The team provides legal advice on a wide range of financial matters: mainly Asset Servicing but also regulation of banking activities, financial transactions, recovery and resolution, outsourcing as well as corporate restructuring.
The Luxembourg Legal team is part of the EMEA Legal department and works closely with colleagues across the region in particular in London with various specialised teams: Asset Servicing, Markets, Office of Public Policy & Regulatory Affairs, M&A, Litigation & Investigation, IP/IT, etc. The team also liaises with colleagues in the United States and APAC region.
Currently, the Legal department in Luxembourg includes 3 lawyers and 1 assistant.
The Job / Responsibilities :Your role will be to provide legal advice and support to the Luxembourg branch of the BNY Mellon European bank, in particular on financial and banking law and regulation. You will advise on the implementation of new law and regulation in Luxembourg, on a wide range of regulatory questions in relation to the activities of the bank and on the implementation of new services and products.
With the development of the European bank activities, in particular in Markets, it is intended to reinforce the team and to on-board a Luxembourg lawyer with strong knowledge of financial services (trading, collateral management and securities lending activities) and banking regulation.
You will work with other lawyers in the EMEA Legal department to deliver a high standard of legal advice that is tailored to BNYM’s business model.
Your profile :Requirements (what we are looking for)
The successful candidate will have at least 10 years work experience in a law firm and/or legal department of a financial institution with a presence in Luxembourg. S/he will also have, amongst other technical skills and experience:
- License/Master's degree in Luxembourg law or other civil law jurisdiction, a post-graduate degree would be a plus;
- Expertise in EU and Luxembourg financial regulation;
- Strong knowledge of the financial services & banking industry including Luxembourg investment funds;
- Proven experience of delivery of regulatory/strategic change;
- Familiarity with current legal, regulatory and market trends and initiatives in Europe and in Luxembourg; and
Fluent in English and in French and/or German (written & oral).
The candidate should also have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organisation skills;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Pragmatic and adept problem solving skills – ability to identify practical solutions;
- Flexible and adaptable working style to react to demanding workload and changing priorities;
- Self-motivation to drive delivery against objectives – ability to work autonomously;
- Experience in balancing commercial flexibility and risk management; and
- A willingness to work as part of a team and help out on all matters.
(Kindly make reference to Banking Boulevard when applying for this position).
(Mir soen Iech am viraus merci, dass der Iech bei ärer Kandidatur op den Banking Boulevard bezit).
(Merci de bien vouloir faire référence au site-emploi Banking Boulevard lors de votre sollicitation).