The Job / Responsibilities :- As a Risk Underwriter, you are responsible to assess (insurance) applications related to international trade transactions, conduct financial and qualitative analysis, appraise the political and structural risks and make recommendations on the acceptability of the application.
- You will decide on acceptance of risk within your signing authority or submit proposals to decision committees.
- You will develop and manage relations with clients and/or its brokers, both domestic and abroad.
- You will have a wide field of action: export finance, project finance, (structured) commodity finance, etc.
- Next to the underwriting tasks, you will be presented with the opportunity to work on a variety of in-house projects
Your profile :- You have a master's degree in economics, supplemented with additional training in finance or international trade if possible. An additional law degree would be an added benefit.
- You have minimum 3 years of experience in the financial sector.
- You have a good command of English as to perform in an international environment as well an acceptable knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
- You combine a strong analystical mindset with a sense of synthesis and good editorial skills.
- You are well-organised, accurate and able to deal with tight deadlines.
- You like working autonomously and show team spirit.
- You have a broad interest in international trade, politics, commodity markets and emerging economies.
- To enhance and develop the client relationship, you are willing to occasionally travel abroad.
We offer :- A challenging career in a multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talent.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits.
- Our Belgian offices are located in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
(Kindly make reference to Banking Boulevard when applying for this position).
(Bedankt om naar Banking Boulevard te verwijzen als u solliciteert).
(Merci de bien vouloir faire référence au site-emploi Banking Boulevard lors de votre sollicitation).