Consultant/Manager M&A Value Creation Services (180000CJ)
Our Company :This is your opportunity to join our Deloitte’s Financial Advisory team. We are the global leader in integrated M&A Services. By cooperation between various specialists in Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, Value Creation/Growth & Turnaround, Restructuring, M&A Tax and Consulting, Deloitte provides integrated solutions for every transaction process. Clients are mainly middle to large corporations and private equity houses. We define and execute growth strategies for our clients and guide them through every stage of a transaction so they achieve their aspirations.
The Job / Responsibilities :As a Consultant/Manager Value Creation Services, you will support our customers in their assessment of major strategic options. You will execute a variety of market/client driven assessments and guide business planning. You advise medium to large corporations at C-Level, private equity houses and banks with the development and implementation of their growth or value creation strategy.
You will be a key member of a team with strategic, operational and financial experts that will be targeting corporates that are facing fundamental business challenges that might impact their long term viability or even lead to short term financial distress. You will be involved in identifying and analysing the causes of distress. Furthermore you will advise our clients on how to stabilise and take control of the situation. You will then explore options on how to achieve and implement a viable and defensible business strategy, supported by an adequate funding structure, which provides a sustainable and attractive solution for our clients.
You will work on a broad range of topics such as:
• Operational Due Diligence (ODD), Post-merger integration (PMI) and carve-out
• Turnaround and Performance Improvement, Cost savings programs, Financial and operational restructuring, Short term cash flow reviews.
The projects take on average three weeks to three months. You work in a senior advisory team and work closely with various internal and external stakeholders. This includes team members in Corporate Finance, Tax and Consulting (Strategy, Supply Chain, IT and HR) but also the buyer/seller, investment bank, lawyers and the project teams of the customer. You will be able to engage from day 1 at Exco level.
Your profile :- 3 to 9 years of experience in professional services, either from a top tier strategy firm, a leading specialist and/or niche advisory firm or ‘big 4’ consultancy, preferably in business strategy consulting, corporate development, corporate finance/M&A, investment banking or equivalent Experience in Target Operating Model Design programmes
- A demonstrable implementation track record of delivering cash/EBITDA improvements for clients
- Demonstrable experience in disciplines including Diagnostics, implementation planning, and implementation of Change Programmes
- Strong business exposure – working on engagements dealing with carve-outs, post-merger integrations, 100 day planning, and cost reduction programmes
- Strong academic record with master's degree in, for example, engineering, business or economics
- Robust analytical rigour and synthesis skills
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and unpredictable environment
- Hands-on and non-hierarchical operator who is equally effective in managing up and down and relates well at all levels and cultures
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly to the customer
- Decisive personality and team player with hands-on and pragmatic approach
- Strategic, results-orientated and customer aware
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English.
(Kindly make reference to Banking Boulevard when applying for this position).
(Bedankt om naar Banking Boulevard te verwijzen als u solliciteert).
(Merci de bien vouloir faire référence au site-emploi Banking Boulevard lors de votre sollicitation).
We offer :- At Deloitte, we hire potential. We know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
- You will receive an attractive and competitive remuneration package with fringe benefits
- You will be regarded as a key specialist within the organization, where your advice and output is considered as real added value by your colleagues and clients
- You will be part of a high performance M&A Corporate Finance team of 100 Consultants and Partners
- You will work in a company, deeply committed to your personal development, offering clear career growth opportunities and continuous learning programmes
- You will have the possibility to quickly develop your leadership skills, and be given the opportunity to coach and nurture your colleagues who are ambitious, highly educated and have great team spirit
- You will often work in multidisciplinary and international teams on projects where you have a genuine impact on a client situation
- You will work in the new Deloitte headquarters on the Brussels Airport runway (Zaventem). We also facilitate a flexible way of working, through 14 regional offices and opportunities for working from home.
How you’ll grow:
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader:
- At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction