La Hulpe - Terhulpen ( Brussels area)
Our Company :SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide. In 2015 SWIFT processed more than 6.1 billion FIN messages.
The Risk Team at SWIFT (formally known as the CRO Office) is responsible for implementing, managing, supporting and further evolving the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework across SWIFT. We have a multi-year strategy with a goal to further mature ERM at SWIFT and ensure that ERM is applied and recognized as enabler of business sustainability and growth. Given the importance of these strategic objectives, we intend to increase the footprint of the Risk Team, currently composed of 10 risk professionals.
The Risk Team is exposed to many different areas, locations and disciplines at SWIFT since risk assessments are done on different business initiatives, programmes/projects and a variety of other topics for which risk based decision support is required by committees, managers, the executives and the Board. As part of the evolution of the Three Lines of Defence model, the Risk Team also assists SWIFT’s management in the implementation of the Internal Control Framework across SWIFT. The Risk Team works in an independent manner, using a common ERM methodology and tools, and collaborating with numerous stakeholders inside SWIFT. The Risk Team is composed of Risk Experts and Risk Partners.
The Job / Responsibilities :The Risk Partners broaden the Risk Experts role by extending the presence of the Risk Team within the business thus fostering management’s involvement in risk and internal control ownership.
They are expected to act as a Trusted Partners supporting the management in taking risk informed decisions by:
- Representing the CRO Office towards SWIFT’s managers and contributing to shaping SWIFT’s risk profile by leveraging insights gathered during their activity
- Embedding the risk culture by providing advice, oversight, challenge and influencing in line with SWIFT’s Enterprise Risk Management framework
- Understanding the interdependencies between the objectives of the supported teams/divisions and SWIFT’s strategy
- Supporting the senior managers in achieving their business objectives by, e.g.: identifying the areas where appropriate risk management tools and processes can be leveraged in the context of business-as-usual; embedding risk intelligence early on in projects/initiatives and in the decision making process; sharing best practices/knowledge from other relevant project/programs etc.
- Actively developing, broadening and deepening knowledge of the relevant product/ activities portfolio
- Supporting the senior managers in fostering a risk aware culture by implementing the ERM roadmap within the function, bringing the risk management on the agenda of the senior managers to create a natural risk dialogue, ensuring the execution of risk management processes in line with SWIFT’s ERM quality standards
Your profile :Qualifications and competencies:
- A university degree or equivalent by working experience.
- Around 10 years of experience in risk management, project management, product management, audit or security is required.
- A self-starter profile with an entrepreneur spirit and clear abilities to contribute in shaping the function
- An IT and/or Operational background is a plus.
- Experience with the SWIFT environment would be considered as a real asset.
- Exposure to working internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (including listening and facilitation skills) to deal with a wide range of stakeholders
- Good influencing skills
- Understanding and/or ability to learn quickly of the broad spectrum of risks including financial, legal / compliance, operational, reputation, strategic etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to understand business and technological contexts of SWIFT products & services and ability to communicate about these in an effective manner
- Pragmatic and able to deal with ambiguity
- Relationship builder and team player
- Fluent in English
(Kindly make reference to Banking Boulevard when applying for this position).
(Bedankt om naar Banking Boulevard te verwijzen als u solliciteert).
(Merci de bien vouloir faire référence au site-emploi Banking Boulevard lors de votre sollicitation).